Monday, February 6, 2017

Livia Penton – Pearl Moon


      Pearl Moon is the exploration of how a couple recovers from betrayal. When the trust shared is broken, can it be repaired? Livia has had her life turned on its head. She is preparing to give birth to a child she did not want and was entirely sure she would not damage.
      Her best friends. Her sisters have entered into loving relationships as she stands in ruins of her own. Sei ji is the man she chose and he pulls away from anything permanent. The announcement of their impending parenthood sent him running for the door. It kept him gone for months. Now he is back wanting a second chance.
      Livia is faced with the possibility of having the man she loves by her side. The question she has to answer first is whether or not she wants him. Does she believe he has changed? Can she trust him to stay by her side? Will he stay by her side? All of these thoughts plague her because it is no longer just her.
      Livia has “the parasite” to worry about and care for.
      This character was so great to write. She expresses so many emotions. Because she has so many of them. Those pregnancy hormones are real. Deep down she is a romantic who wants what every women wants. Love and loyalty.

Here is an exclusive of Pearl Moon –Excerpt from Chapter 6

      Livia looked at Sei and rubbed her belly as her anxiety started to rise. Sei looked completely at ease. Nothing about him revealed any sort of tense.
      “Do you want to start first,” Livia asked.
      “How are you?”
      “I am fine.”
      “And the baby?”
      Livia tensed even more even as she tried to maintain her calm. Stress was a bad thing and her baby needed calm. It needed peace.
      “The baby is fine.”
      Sei nodded, “I want to start over.”
      Livia blinked. Then shook her head. She was a little thrown by the frankness of his announcement. Then again she shouldn’t have. Sei was not one to crouch things in ambiguous terms.
      “Sorry?”
      “I told you months ago. I want to start over. I want to build something with you. Something stronger then what we had before.”
      Livia shook her head. “No.”
      Sei leaned forward. “Why not?”
      “Because I cannot trust you,” Livia said as she shook her head, “You are not trustworthy.”
      “Livia.”
      She placed her arms onto her desk, “You ran. I told you, I was pregnant. You accused me of trying to trap you. Then jumped in one of your cars and left.”
      “I was blindsided.”
      Livia laughed sharply. “And I wasn’t? I had a person growing in me. I did not have months to get used to the idea of it happening. I had to deal with it then. Alone.”
      “I came back.”
      “And when you came back you looked like someone had put you through a meat grinder.”
      “Some things happened that were not under my control.”
      “Are you really trying to push the blame off of yourself?”
      “No,” Sei said as he looked into her eyes, “I just wanted to explain. I loss control of things for awhile but those factors are no longer present and I learned from the experience.”
      Livia studied him. His mussed hair, curved nose, and thick lips were all of the things that trapped her. He looked earnest. He sounded like he meant what he said. And Livia wanted to believe him. She wanted to believe in him.
*End of Excerpt

Completed Works

Secrets, Lies, & Betrayal Series:

The Virgins Club:

Lipstick Diaries:

Solo Romances:

The Young and The Powerful

No comments:

Post a Comment