Sunday, August 28, 2016

Laughing Out Loud

Growing up my mother used to complain how she would here me "Heheing" in my room late at night. She said she always knew when i was up because I could never contain my mirth. I used to her she should just enjoy having a happy child. The older I get, the more I change. My opinions diverge from that of my parents and the more I learn. I still laugh late at night. Sometimes because of a funny show or movie. Sometimes because of a good line in a book.
Sometimes, and this is an admission that could lead to speculations of insanity, I laugh at the random memories that I remember out of nowhere. I have recently been told that I have a tendency to have a default smiling face. Which came as a surprise to me because I always thought I switched between "Resting Bitch" face and "Pure Exhaustion" face.
Then I thought about if some more. I grew up with a lot of love but also a lot of chaos. Laughter was my way of coping. I tend to only keep good things in my life and leave the bad on the curbside. My father likes to call it avoidance. I like to call it taking a hardline.
For me, my happiness is paramount to anything else. Sacrificing it for another is not an option, because without it there is only a downward spiral. This means that I watch the people I allow into my life. I pay attention to the things they say about others and the way they treat others. It is not coming from a place of judgment, but from a place of awareness that not everyone is looking out for your best interest. But people are always good about telling you who and what they are. It is your job to see it and decide it if this is the type of person you want in your life.
The way I see it. It is like being a conscious consumer. Most people pay a lot of attention to what they buy and how much they spend. The more money involved, the more thought they put into whether they want it, if the quality is worth the price tag, and the enjoyment they would derive from it. Why wouldn't you put the same amount of thought into the time you invest in relationships? Time is precious and finite. I prefer to spend it doing things I enjoy with people who I enjoy. *And hopefully they enjoy me as well. Lol! ;)

Remember the giveaway of free copies of "The Prince's Heart" Available on Kindle and Nook. In order for a reader to qualify. The contestant must sign up for my monthly newsletter, follow me @Jinxs_Corner on twitter, and leave a review for any one of the titles listed below on either Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. The Giveaway will end on September 14, 2016 at 9 pm eastern time zone. Only Four books will be awarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment